By Dr. Ali Akram, Chairman of Turkmen rescue foundation
After about four months (in September), we will commemorate the third anniversary of the victory of Turkmen forces in the district of Amerli. It resisted with its modest military capabilities and sacrifices of their sons for eighty-three days. They suffered hunger, thirst, lack of medicine and the disruption of major services from water and electricity. This aggressive fight ended by opening of the siege after directing several regiments of fighters of PMF from southern Iraq to support the people of Amerli. This victory was nucleus to form the first Turkmen force in Iraq, which is then called the Turkmen PMF , who then contributed in many fierce battles in Tikrit, Beiji, Jurf Al Sakhr, Kirkuk and Mosul, the blood of Turkmen fighters is in every part of Iraq.
Targeting of Turkmen fighters by the terrorist gangs has not stopped over the past years, and in defense of Iraqi territory caravans carrying the Turkmen martyrs have not stopped too.
Iraqi Turkmen fighters in PMF, army and police units bravely defended a fierce terrorist attack with medium and heavy weapons. They infiltrated at dawn on Thursday, May 18, 2017, and tried to ambush the Turkmen forces near Amerli district , but they have surprised by the harsh response of Turkmen forces and the terrorists suffered heavy losses in lives and equipment.
On the political level, the Iraqi arena witnessed another Turkmen victory, but of a political kind this time. A general conference and under the auspices of the UN Mission in Iraq for Turkmen was held on Wednesday May 17, 2017, which included all Turkmen political, social and cultural representatives Speaker of parliment Dr. Salim al-Jubouri and the head of the UN mission in Iraq, Mr. Jan Kubis opened the conference officially . Representatives of Iraqi presidency, Iraqi prime minister and all diplomatic missions in Baghdad also attended the conference.
The conference stressed a set of vital points concerning Turkmens of Iraq and their fate in Iraq under the roof of citizenship.
The most important of these recommendations is the need to work to restore the rights of usurped Turkmen people by successive Iraqi governments before 2003, and by local forces after 2003.
The formation of the provinces of Tuz Khurmatoo and Tal Afar and partnership in the administration of Kirkuk province and turning it into a special new region and participate in the decision-making in Baghdad, were among the recommendations demanded in the conferences.
Turkmen people are the third ethnicity in Iraq, with at least 7% of Iraq’s population, according to local and international official figures. They live in the provinces of Mosul, Erbil, Kirkuk, Salahuddin, Diyala, Kut and Baghdad.
What is this arrogance and ingratitude? What kind of people these are? Who dares to kidnap his children’s teacher and kill who came to get him out of the darkness of ignorance to the light? What kind of crime, atrocity and brutality. Who kills the victim and then extort money from orphans?
Five years ago, on this day the 25 April 2012, my brother (Hussein Jamal Mustafa) was kidnapped by a terrorist gang at the Ibn Battuta School in the village of Bir Ahmed, was leaving school at the end of the day, and heading to his house at Tuz Khormato! After they took him out of his car and took him to an unknown destination, in the Zarqa area and drove to the village of Al-Azariya from the Daqouq district, while releasing his colleague, who was one of the villagers! Two months later, on July 3, 2012, a second group of terrorists
– Called the family demanded a ransom of $ 100,000 ($ 10 books) for his release. Due to the lack of security in the region and the absence of authority, we had to negotiate with the terrorists and submit to their requests via mobile communications in order to preserve his life.
– On 5/7/2012, the required amount of money was handed over at the Orouba area in the city of Kirkuk according to the agreement. The kidnappers told us that the kidnapped man would be delivered in the area of Taza Khormato! So we went to the destination without success and did not know the low life behavior reaches the bottom! And that was just a trick!
The kidnapped was not found till the time of this writing.
– But we were surprised by a strange situation on (11/1/2013) when a terrorist gang was arrested by the security authorities; the members admitted the crime of blackmailing us and receiving the money without acknowledging the crime of kidnapping! We have doubts and suspicions! To learn later, they used a lawyer with influence and he influenced the judiciary system in the city of Tikrit, which is specializing in releasing terrorists, and claiming their innoceness! With money and connections.
– A sham trial was held against them to issue a severe prison sentence for five years after article 4 / terrorism was changed to article 456 of the Penal Code!!! The verdict was executed by placing them in Badush prison. They were released in 2014 after the prison broke out by al-Da’ash after the fall of Mosul and after most of the prisoners were killed on sectarian grounds.
– On the other hand, another defendant is being investigated by the Crime Prevention Department, who admitted that he had facilitated and assisted in the kidnapping (Hussein Jamal Mustafa). He appeared to be a teacher, and his colleague in the same school; they were friends with each other!!! His name is (Jabber Khalaf Aswad) from the village of Birahamed, who accompanied him during his abduction!
– The painful thing is not finding the body of the kidnapped so far, and we as family members and his four children have no rest and had no comfort ever since his abduction five years ago. A member of the gang called (Hussein Mohammed Fadel. His nickname is Hussein Haweyah…) still living in Kirkuk is free and lives his life with comfort and tranquility. Two of the terrorists fled to Turkey after being released from Badush Prison (Naseer Rahim Abdullah and Ahmed Khalil Ismail). The fire of injustice and the uncompassionate feeling burn us, and we go through our life with sorrows and pains at every moment! My brother (Hussein Jamal Mustapha) was born in the district of Jaqla in Tuz Khormato in 1967. He completed his elementary, intermediate and science branch High School, and then at the teachers’ institute. He did not hurt anyone in his life, but became a teacher of the English language. His goal in life was to serve his people by education.
From here, after terrorism reached education and justice! We continue to have hope in the good Iraqi people. I appeal to all the loyal brothers of the security, judicial and civil institutions to help us and advise us on how to recover the rights of the four-orphaned children who lost their breadwinner and lost their money and possessions to provide ransom so that their father could return, but they could not find his remains.. Mercy on his soul.
Not a single day passes without an attack or targeting Turkmen civilians at the so called by the Iraqi constitution “Disputed Areas”. Previously the dispute was about legality, while currently turned to bloody and fatal.
Few days after the kidnapping and torturing a Turkmen citizen “Ali Muhammad Ali” in Kerkuk, who was found after few days thrown on the road at one of Kerkuk’s suburb. The video, which was distributed, showed that the kidnappers are Kurds.
On Wednesday May 3, 2017, at 3:00 PM. A Starex car transporting Turkmen university girls from Kerkuk University to their home at Tuz Khormato, a city located within Salahadin Governorate. When the car arrived the northern checkpoint of Tuz Khormato, which is controlled, by the Peshmerge and the Asayish. The car stopped and then moved away from the check point, at this point one of the reckless Kurd started shooting the car hitting the back window shield of the car, this caused many injuries to the shoulders and heads of the driver and the students. The Turkmen driver Sameer Sadon’s condition is critical.
It is clear from the photographs which was distributed after the incident at the social media, that this incident was intentional because there is no legal or security reason to target a civil car transporting students specially the drivers are well know to the checkpoint because they are frequent drivers through these check point.
The public cannot ignore this crime and the previous crimes of the Kurdish terrorist gangs in these areas.
The United Nation should be more serious while dealing with Turkmen issue and for being target of the terrorist gangs. They should not only meet the political candidates at the green zone. UN should activate its local offices at the area. And it is necessary to have an emergency office at Tuz Khormato to follow up with the events and be a watchdog in the area.
The Iraqi Parliament should establish an Investigation Committee to follow up and to be fact finders for these frequent attacks, especially against the Turkmen in the area.
The Iraqi Government should stop the role of advising and honoring in this area. The Prime Minister, as a Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces should use all his authorities to provide security, and save the civilian’s life in this area.
Turkmen Rescue Foundation
Human Rights Office
After the last tension in Kirkuk about raising the Kurdish flag over the government buildings, which received local rejection by Turkmen and , Arabs, by Iraqi government in Baghdad, and by regional and international actors, where everyone condemned this step, which may be a key for Daesh to enter Kirkuk.
Today, after the failure of this policy of Kurdish parties, they are using the alternate policy of the gangs that was already used against Turkmen in Kirkuk, Tuz Khurmatoo and other areas, but it was undeclared and hidden. On April 10, 2017, a Kurdish gang kidnapped a Turkmen citizen “Ali Mohammed Ali”, who lives in the Al Quds neighborhood of Kirkuk and works as an employee of one of the Turkmen parties after a fight with him over the flag raising issue.
On April 27, the gang sent a video showing how the kidnappers are torturing the citizen and asking him to demand his family to pay a ransom for his release. He asks them to do the opposite. The gangs showing him again, while he has been tortured and his face full of blood . This is the policy of the Kurdish parties, which have stepped up and took power and authority under the title of oppressive and under the title of democracy.
We appeal to all official bodies in Iraq and international and regional actors to intervene and protect the Turkmen from what is happening. These gangs are more dangerous than Daesh because they operate under the guise of the state and the government.
T.R.F/ Media office
29 April 2017
– It is well known that the official mechanisms adopted to know the origin of any city and accredited by the United Nations to settle disputes between peoples about the origin of any city is the adoption of the ancient tombs of the city and the adoption of the names of the neighborhoods of the city. When we look at these points, we find obviously that the oldest graves in the city are in Turkmen neighborhoods including graves of ” Sultan Saqi in Tes’in, Musala and Turkalan graves and Imam Zainalabdeen grave in Tawook”. The names of the oldest neighborhoods and cities of Kirkuk are mainly at Turkmen side including ( Musalla, Qouria, Tes’in, Taza khurmatoo, Altoon Kobri and Tawooq), while the Kurdish areas are all modern areas most of which have been created or been expanded after 2003.
– There is a significant demographic change that took place after 2003, in terms of bringing about 600,000 Kurds from inside and outside Iraq to live in Kirkuk by giving them lands and money. In addition, they were and still encouraging any Kurdish pregnant woman from outside of Kirkuk to deliver their babies at hospitals of Kirkuk to obtain a statement of birth and thus the identity from the province of Kirkuk.
– There is an intra Kurdish tension that has increased in the recent period between the Kurdish parties and there is outcry by Kurdish people in KRG against political class because of the bad economic situation and corruption rampant by the political authority. There is as well a Kurdish Kurdish conflict in Kirkuk over its imports and its economy has also increased weeks ago because of bringing troops from Sulaimani belonging to PUK. All these things led the Kurds to take this step as a means to unify the Kurdish people and the Kurdish media towards a new enemy and prevent any more progress in the internal tension through irritating the Kurds emotionally toward new external event.
– The governor of Kirkuk Dr Necmettin is trying to introduce himself as a chief Kurdish leader after disappearing the role of Talabani. He has a new project of special region of Kirkuk in addition to the project of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan party of a second Kurdish region including Kirkuk, Sulaimania, Tuzkhurmatoo and Kefri, to be under the control of PUK, as the old region ( KRG) is under the control of PDK, to be the nucleus of the Greater Kurdistan State.
– It should also be noted that the Kirkuk provincial Council is an un-elected council. It has been established by the coalition (invasion) authority and it is in violation of the law and the constitution for 14 years. The governor’s position is also illegal because it is the result of this illegal council. The United nation and Iraqi parliament requested and advised the work to normalize the situation and prepare for a new election years ago, but nothing was applied on the ground because the province is controlled by power of PUK and there is full weakness of the central government there.
– Kirkuk’s local authority failed to protect innocent people over 14 years, as there was continuous assaults against Turkmen and Arabs in the province by terrorism. As Turkmen we faced recently massacres at the village of Basheer and town of Taza Khurmatoo by Da’esh over the last 3 years. Hawija is still under control of Da’esh. The terrorist gangs controlled the central city of Kirkuk within few hours months ago, so where is the role of the local authority and Peshmerga in protecting citizens of Kirkuk.
– Turkmen youth have weapons and public military groups( part of PMF) in the city of Tuz Khurmatoo ( 80 km south of Kirkuk) and they have defended bravely themselves in the worst two attacks of the Kurdish militias against Turkmen in Tuz. The same thing will happen in Kirkuk if this constant pressure by Kurds not removed , as it will generate a spark and reaction lead Turkmen to be armed to defend themselves in Kirkuk. Today there is a public outcry by Turkmen and the Kurdish parties should not think that their control of the local administration by power will be a patron for them or a guarantee for stability.
– It is now necessary to have a real efforts by the United Nations to intervene strongly in Kirkuk to organize partnership between the parties and partners in the administration and agree on a reasonable and constitutional formula for the future, otherwise the situation will explode at any time and it will have security and political implications might affect all Iraq and even its region.
Under the slogan: Al Rafidein Region is a definite guarantee for the stability of minorities in Iraq.
The Turkmen, Assyrians, Yazidis, Shabak, and other minorities are considered to be among the original Iraqi societies, as evidenced by the various civilizations of Iraq for thousands of years, as they lived, built, and constructed this area of the land between the two rivers, or the land of the valley of the two rivers, and they paid for it with the blood of their children and did not leave this good land despite the genocide campaigns against them throughout history and the disregard for their rights by the successive Iraqi governments to this day. Their share of international terrorism since 2003 has been the largest, the worst of which was the attack by the criminal takfiri ISIL gangs after June 10, 2014, which caused the emigration of hundreds of thousands of them, destroyed their religious and societal heritage, killed, raped, and kidnapped their women and children, burned their bodies, and made dozens of mass graves for them, out of hatred, malice, and reprisal against them.
After all of the genocide, ethnic cleansing, persecution, abuse, and injustice that has happened and is happening, we, the organizations, working in the name of the persecuted national societies in Iraq decided to join in a coalition that brings everyone together in order to defend our presence in Iraq, the land of our forefathers, to strive to achieve stability in our region through all democratic and civilized means, to protect the unity of Iraq, and to regain our rights by virtue of the Iraqi constitution through legal means.
As such, we announce a coalition that brings together each of the following: the Turkmen Rescue Foundation, representing the Turkmen, Al Rafedin Organization, representing the Assyrians and Christians, and the Yazidi Independent Supreme Council, representing the Yazidis. Considering that it is a strategic national coalition, it is titled as the National Coalition for Al Rafidein Region.
We shall make an effort to cooperate and come together in order to achieve the following goals:
1. Working to provide the most important requirements of “Al Rafidein Region,” which shall include three provinces (Sinjar, Talafar, and Nineveh Plain) as a region of multiple Iraqi nationalities, religions, and cultures, free from any racial or sectarian entrenchment, and give a new face to the practice of democracy in Iraq after the failure of the Iraqi regimes to protect the smaller nationalities and societies living together within the borders of the new region.
2. Acting based on the foundations of the Iraqi constitution which allows the formation of new regions and provinces and gives the right to all nationalities coexisting in Iraq to self-administration, the protection of heritage, culture, and civilization, according to Section Five / Chapter One / Articles 112, 115, and 116 of the permanent Iraqi constitution of 2005.
3. Obtaining national, international, and regional support in order to establish the Rafidein region, and to send messages of peace and security to all that the goal of the project is to practice constitutional, administrative, and humanitarian rights, and to protect the smaller original societies in Iraq, using the principle of openness in relations with everyone.
4. Using the principle of dialogue with all entities in Iraq and to adhere to good neighborliness with all neighboring parties.
5. The doors of the coalition shall be open to all political and societal organizations and formations that belong to the nationalities and societies that live within the map of the new region for the purpose of joining this coalition.
6. Confirming the unity of Iraq in its lands, people, and heritage, and strengthening the national-social fabric. The call for the region is the confirmation of the practice of the constitutional rights granted to all, to prevent the recurrence of calamities, genocide campaigns, and slaughters against smaller societies, and to protect them; it is not for the purpose of dividing Iraq.
We pray for Almighty God to bless this effort to eradicate the persecution and injustice that we have suffered for centuries and to this day, and to grant us success in achieving our higher goals, as success is from God.
Dr. Ali Akram al Bayati
President of the Turkmen Rescue Foundation
Prįñčė Naif Dawoud
President of the Yazidi Independent Supreme Council
Mr. David William Lazar
Chairman of the Mesopotamain Organization
Dr Ali Akram Al bayati president of TRF met yesterday, February 6th 2017 at a dinner with special representstive of secretory general of UN Mr Jan Kubis, special convey of EU for relegiuos freedom Mr Jan Figel as well as all EU delegations heads in Iraq.
The meeting was to discuss human rights situations in Iraq as well future of minorities after Da’esh and the ways to protect them in the future.
The discussion concentrared on the importance of empowering Iraqi governmental institutions and the dependabce in any project on Iraqi constitution with the necessity to change some articles in it.
The meeting was part of continous dialogue of EU delegations in Iraq with governmental and non governmental institutions.